Because fiberglass piping is highly susceptible to connection issues, there are very specific challenges when joining fiberglass pipe. Cold and inclement weather can make it extremely difficult to connect pipe. And these are only the beginning of the challenges companies face when choosing curing to join fiberglass pipe.
However, new technology has eliminated the need for curing, with substantial savings and benefits for companies. Victaulic’s 296A aluminum coupling was designed to create an easy and cost-effective joining process that isn’t impacted by weather or environmental conditions. This protects the integrity of your fiberglass pipe while accelerating installation timelines and greatly diminishing future maintenance.
Problems of curing
Joining pipe by curing resin creates a variety of problems, such as:
- The resin process may require up to two days, possibly longer, before the pipe can be used.
- Project timelines can easily be disrupted by weather conditions, which negatively affects business and revenue streams.
- Curing is a labor-intensive process that requires on-site training by a fiberglass specialist, which increases project costs.
- The process sometimes requires secondary curing, heat blankets, and special protection from the elements.
- If leaks are discovered, previous work must be removed and the process must be started over.
Benefits of coupling
Using coupling for pipe connections offers numerous benefits, including:
- Coupling increases efficiency and saves both time and money on installation and maintenance.
- Installation can be done with simple hand tools because the pipe is pre-shouldered and grooved by the manufacturer before being delivered to customers.
- You can install joints in minutes instead of hours.
- Weather will not negatively impact the installation, which can be completed in any weather condition — including rain, cold, or high humidity.
- The system supports a clean environment since there are no brushes, rollers, or containers to collect and store debris.
- The 296A coupling removes the need for special ventilation.
- The 296A coupling allows installation teams to quickly move from one joint to the next.
Rely on the experts
At The Macomb Group, the experts from our Energy Division have firsthand knowledge of Victaulic’s revolutionary coupling technology. It is truly a game-changer. Our experts can evaluate your system and provide insight into how this technology can benefit you now and in the future. Don’t wait until your next curing emergency requires costly repairs to discover the advantages of Victaulic’s 296A aluminum coupling system.
We can guide you through the process while saving you time and money. And when you work with The Macomb Group’s Energy Division, you have access to 24/7 support and experts with the ability to respond to emergencies within 15 minutes.